On April 5th, 2021 the second module of the project entitled “Promoting CCA and DRM in the framework of EU Integration”, part of the Jean Monnet action of the Erasmus + Program has started its implementation. The module “Disaster Risk Management” is being developed during the second semester of the academic year 2020-2021.
This Module is part of the curriculum of the Master of Science in Risk Management, offered by the Department of Finance of the Faculty of Economics, University of Tirana. 33 students of the first year of Master of Science in Risk Management program are enrolled in this course.
The module aim and goals have been already presented to the students, and were well received by them. In addition, the students were invited to actively participate in the project activities, through the presentation of their projects, research and other inputs.
This Jean Monnet Module provides in-depth assessment of important issues in disaster risk management and its implementation in the framework of EU integration. More specifically, the module will influence and foster student’s understanding on:
- the fundamental concepts of preparedness, prevention, response and recovery as they relate to the management aspect of the disaster cycle in the framework of EU DRM policies;
- the fundamental concepts and approaches of managing the risk of environmental hazards;
- the basic concepts of insurance and reinsurance in disaster management and the use of these instruments in EU;
- the management approaches for a number of specific environmental hazards in both EU and the Balkans;
- dimensions of disaster management in the framework of policy development for EU integration.
Dr. Perseta Grabova and Prof. Assoc. Dr Narin Panariti will retain their roles as module leaders.